Friday, March 25, 2016

Album Review: Embalmer - Emanations from The Crypt


Embalmer - Emanations from The Crypt
(Hells Headbangers)
Check it out!
Embalmer have done it again. What was sealed in the tomb for a decade has risen again to manifest itself as the extreme and diabolically delightful second full length Emanations from The Crypt. Oh, this is good.

Their first full length 13 Faces of Death was considered by many fans of the band’s early ‘90s extreme EP to be a disappointed, and even the band themselves were disappointed with the 2006 release. What Emanations from The Crypt has that 13 Faces lacks is a superb focus on song writing and nailing that essential groove that carries through each song.

Personally I thought their 2006 release was decent, but I did not feel it had the same energy that Emanations has, and that could also be because their new album is just better mixed and recorded. The sound is a lot clearer, and I don’t feel like I am listening to some old demo tape I found in a Savers bin. With the quality in sound, the mood of Embalmer really comes alive, and I think that is a very important part of Embalmer’s music. There is just something really sinister and vile in the new album that kind of felt absent in their last release, which is also absent in a lot of death metal bands.
Having said that, Emanations from The Crypt also follows a really simple formula. It’s just really straight forward brutal stuff, done properly, and genuinely.

I would totally recommend this album if you plan on killing someone, although I cannot confirm or deny that I recommend you kill anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment